Constructed in 1748 in compliance with a Court Order more than three quarters of a century earlier, the building served as Middlesex County's second Court House until 1852 when the county seat was moved to Saluda. While the building apparently survived the Revolutionary War unscathed, it was not so fortunate during the War Between the States. Used as a barracks for Confederate soldiers, in November 1861, it sustained light damage from a cannon ball fired from a Federal ship in the Rappahannock River.
The historic building which now serves as the clubhouse for the Middlesex County Woman's Club, Inc. was erected as the County's second courthouse (1748-1852) and has served as a house of worship for various denominations. The historic building is now owned by the Middlesex County Woman's Club, Inc. This club was organized in 1929 and joined the General Federation of Woman's Clubs in 1930.
- Assorted Hand-made Crafts
- Baked Goods & Refreshments
- Crab Bisque & Ham Biscuits
- Hand Made Quilt – Raffle
Show Hours: Fri: 8:30 am – 9:00 pm & Sat: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Juried Art Show – Artists to include:
- Susan Bock - Photography
- Ron Holden – Wood Turnings
- Cathy Buckley - Jewelry
- Wanda Hollberg – Fused Glass Jewelry
- Ken Conger – Wildlife Photography
- William Lindley – Hand-carvings
- Don B. Corley – "Barn Again"
- Judith A. McKellar – Relief Sculpture
- Walter Creech – Watercolor and Oils
- Mary Onley – Folk Art
- Matt Cross – Metal, Wood, Paintings
- Deborah Schran – Fused Glass
- Jane Partin – Watercolors and Oils
- Lucinda Taylor - Smocking